Expedited Mail Service is an international priority mail service that provides a fast and reliable door to door service for the dispatch of urgent goods as tender documents, business papers, merchandise and samples.
The Postal Service promises to deliver within the following times:
Southern Africa 3 to 4 working days from Office of Exchange (Johannesburg International Mail Centre)
Rest of the world 4 to 5 working days from Office of Exchange (Johannesburg International Mail Centre)
The Items are traceable
- The items must be correctly addressed and preferably have a physical address and must include a phone number
- In the case of dutiable items, the recipient will be advised to collect the items from the Post Office against positive identification. The items will be subject to customs inspections
- Enquiries regarding an EMS item must be made within 90 days of posting
- Senders will be held personally liable for any prohibited articles and will lose the right to claim.
Prohibited articles include:
- Bank Notes and coins
- Arms and ammunition
- Live animals, pets, vermin, reptiles, spiders or insects
- Jewellery and precious metals
- Dangerous chemicals
- Fragile Items
Sharp instruments and utensils must be well wrapped so as not to cause injury to Post Office Employees.
- Johannesburg International Mail Centre - 011 961 6000
- Cape Town International Mail Centre - 021 590 5715
- Durban International Mail Centre - 031 336 3713
Optional insurance available
The maximum insured value is R5 000.00.