Expedited Mail Service
The Postal Service promises to deliver within the following times:
Southern Africa 3 to 4 working days from Office of Exchange (Johannesburg International Mail Centre)
Rest of the world 4 to 5 working days from Office of Exchange (Johannesburg International Mail Centre)
The Items are traceable
- The items must be correctly addressed and preferably have a physical address and must include a phone number
- In the case of dutiable items, the recipient will be advised to collect the items from the Post Office against positive identification. The items will be subject to customs inspections
- Enquiries regarding an EMS item must be made within 90 days of posting
- Senders will be held personally liable for any prohibited articles and will lose the right to claim.
Prohibited articles include:
- Bank Notes and coins
- Arms and ammunition
- Live animals, pets, vermin, reptiles, spiders or insects
- Jewellery and precious metals
- Dangerous chemicals
- Fragile Items
Sharp instruments and utensils must be well wrapped so as not to cause injury to Post Office Employees.
- Johannesburg International Mail Centre - 011 961 6000
- Cape Town International Mail Centre - 021 590 5715
- Durban International Mail Centre - 031 336 3713
Optional insurance available
The maximum insured value is R5 000.00.